Since yesterday, my OE (6) will SEND ok but not receive. I've checked the POP3 settings, which are ok - they've been checked with my ISP too. I've deleted my email account in OE and re-created it, without effect. Still send is ok but no receive.
I've tried switching off the Firewall (Sygate), with no effect.
I know there IS mail in my 'box' as I can retrieve it using from the internet using IE.
This is frustrating me because I THINK I've tried everything!
To check whether you have blocked emails from a particular person:
Open Outlook Express Click on the Tools menu Click on Message Rules and then on Blocked Senders List You will see a list of the email addresses that are currently blocked If you want to unblock an address click on it within this list and click on the Remove button Confirm the command by clicking Yes and then click OK.
Check if you've got a stuck email
Occasionally Outlook Express can freeze when downloading your emails, leaving a message like 'Receiving message 3 of 8...'
If this keeps happening repeatedly, the likelihood is that an email has become 'stuck' - usually because it contains an attachment too large to download.
geoffy & Yoda Knight I use AVG free which is updated most days.
Fruit Bat There are no blocked emails and all can be read etc by going into the www site. What I'm getting after 60 seconds is the OE error message "Your POP3 server has not responded". I've phoned my ISP and they assure me there is no problem with their server in either send or receive mode. As stated, I CAN send.
BTW, I use Mailwasher Pro. I've closed it, but that has not made any difference.