outlook express 6. problem. duplicate emails.

big bloke66 16:31 05 Feb 2005

hi could anybody explain why every time i recieve emails i always get them in two's (duplicated). os win xp home many thanks mucho confused paul

big bloke66 17:03 05 Feb 2005

jomi.dadyassa .shellship cheers for replying. i have blueyonder (telewest) im glad im not the only one its just a bit head scrathy.i will leave the thread a little longer to see if any body else can shed light.

BH34 12:13 07 Feb 2005

If a POP3 mail account is configured to leave a copy of messages on the server (Tools, Accounts, [the account], Properties, Advanced), OE downloads the same messages during a send or receive session. Duplicate message will also be downloaded which can occur if the file Pop3uidl.dbx is corrupted. This file keeps track of which messages on the server have already been downloaded and should therefore be skipped on subsequent downloads, [Q216366] and [Q314578].

compumac 13:24 07 Feb 2005

I have NEVER had this problem before not until I changed over to BT broadband last week. Is this a clue?

compumac 13:36 07 Feb 2005

Sorry - I should have noticed the message from BH34. I had "leave message on server" selected.
He solved it for me. Thanks BH34

big bloke66 19:54 07 Feb 2005

hi leave message is not selected. so i presume my pop3uidl.dbx must be corrupted. any clues to what i do next . im quite a newbie to all this so any help would be greatfully accepted.
thanks
paul.

BH34 08:18 08 Feb 2005

To resolve this behavior, rename the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then restart Outlook Express. Follow these steps:
1. Click Exit on the File menu to quit Outlook Express.
2. Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
3. In the Search for files or folders named box, type Pop3uidl.dbx, and then click Search Now.
4. Under Search Results, right-click the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then click Rename.
5. Type Pop3uidl.old, and then press ENTER.
6. To start Outlook Express, click Start, point to Programs, and then click Outlook Express.

BH34 16:51 08 Feb 2005

Do you have any of your email accounts repeated in any other identities?

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, turn off e-mail reception for one of the POP3 accounts: 1. In Outlook, on the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
2. Double-click the group that contains the two POP3 accounts, and under Accounts, click one of the POP3 accounts.
3. Click to clear the Receive mail items check box.

Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

big bloke66 19:12 08 Feb 2005

THANK YOU BH34
done what you said and it worked a treat
what a forum.
cheers. paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

Alice Tye on blurring the line between fine art and illustration with Japan as her muse

Best free iPhone games 2019

Comparatif : iPhone XS vs Samsung Galaxy S10