In a nutshell, I can access the internet but when I try to send/receive mail via OE6 I get the following message on all 3 of my POP3 mail accounts
"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.****.com', Server: 'pop.****.com', Protocol: POP3, Port:110, Secure (SSL): No, Error number: 0x800CCCF".
Where **** is, should be the name of the ISP.
The MS Knowledge base had nothing.
This has come to light since I reformatted and reinstalled XP Pro. I've checked the settings, and used the mail export/import thing in outlook to make sure before I formatted.
I even signed up with a new ISP (freeserve) because I thought it was the fault of my old one (Supanet).
Any help would be gratefully received, if you need any more info, please let me know.
The reason I setup the Freeserve account was because I thought it was a Supanet fault. Seems it wasn't though. The freeserve settings are the ones used from the install via the CD and then through the website, so it should be ok.
There's Zonealarm installed, and NAV2002 but even when they're turned off it's still the same.
Other than that, I can't think of anything that might cause this... But it's the able to get on the net thing that's wierd, if it can do this via the new FS connection I don't know why it won't let me get the mail.
FYI the system is basically thus...
MSI 745 Ultra MB (Using the onboard sound) XP1800 CPU 512 DDR GeForce4 MX440 Intel PCI modem LiteOn DVD & CDRW Maxtor 7200 40Gb HD And of course XP Pro
I've just never heard of this, and I'm completely flummoxed!