Outlook Express 6 Error?

scooby43 13:09 21 May 2003

HI all

I have a problem with outlook Express 6 on windows XP Home Edition every time I open outlook express its ok no problems but when I click on the cross at the top hand corner of the screen it closes but then I get this error message

MSIMN.EXE Application Error

The Instruction at "0x77f51d26" referenced memory at "0x009a4e7c" the memory could not be "written"

click ok to terminate the program anyone know whaat ths means as it comes up every time after closing outlook express 6

scooby43 17:00 23 May 2003

what do u mean by best number dialer as I know I had a freeserve cd to also setup my b/b connection I am not to sure I have best number dialer though?

Djohn 17:16 23 May 2003

On dial-up, it is a small program that sorts out the best connection number for you, Icon sits in the sys. tray bottom right of taskbar, small round, white in colour with letter "F" in center.

Don't think it will apply to you, being on B/B, maybe someone else will be able to advise on this.

I do know that from past threads, this program has caused a few problems for users. Maybe even though you are on B/B this program will have installed itself.

Have a look on Freeserve home page for "Freeserve Anytime" then help section on connections. You will see mention of this and what it does, If you do have it, remove from your PC, it will not affect your connection. J.

Djohn 21:30 23 May 2003

Any luck with this problem. J.

scooby43 12:26 24 May 2003

Hi again

sorry I havent replyed my comp when down with a virus yesterday and had to reinstall windows but the same message still appears when closing outlook express 6.
cheers

scooby43 17:47 26 May 2003

refresh

Djohn 18:01 26 May 2003

Well if it's any comfort to you, the problem has returned on my Outlook Express.

I really did think the combination of what we have tried so far had worked. There are also a couple of other forum users with the same problem.

I phoned "Freeserve" customer services again today, one of their technicians phoned me back and we went through several options, but no luck.

After the technician consulting "Freeserve's" Database for trouble shooting, he confirmed this is a problem with Win. XP and Outlook Express and recommended a return to the supplier of my PC for the FIX.

Explained that I had installed retail version of XP Pro myself, he then advised me to phone M/S for the fix to this problem. I did, but closed today, so will give them a call in the morning.

If they can advise further I will post back on your thread with any information I have. Regards. J.

powerless 20:15 26 May 2003

umm...

*.DBX's are stored in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{BCE2F49F-F4C8-4517-8822-8C2B6B7896AD}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

However to check if you can in OE go to > Tools > Options... > Maintenance > Click STORE FOLDER > Highlight the big long path to the folder and copy it.

Now go to Start > Run > Paste what you have just copied and click ok and the *.DBX's will be there.

You could try Start > Run > Copy and Paste:

SFC /SCANNOW

Click ok and have your XP CD in the drive.

See if you have the problem now. If you don't SMILE ;-)

If you do then go to start > Run > Copy and Paste:

eventvwr.msc

Now click on the APPLICATION log and look for ERROR (in red) and hopefully you will see the OE error. If you scroll down within that log there will be a link, click that and see what Micorsoft have to say (if anything).

VoG™ 20:24 26 May 2003

A search on Google shows that you are not alone but I failed to find any solutions. The common factors appear to be Freeserve and XP.

powerless 20:26 26 May 2003

Well i use Freeserve BB and XP - No problems here.

scooby43 21:59 26 May 2003

Thanks for ur posts I still havent had much look in resolving the problem does this seem to be a common problem that people have been experiencing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?