Outlook emails - how to delete?

nutsy 14:31 27 Feb 2007

Office XP / Outlook.
One of my users has corrupted files in his emails. Outlook will not let me delete any of his messages - error message : "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". Same when I try to send/receive. Logged in as a different user, and all is fine. Have uninstalled and reinstalled MS Office to no avail. When I reinstall, it is picking up all the existing emails.
Any advice please?
Thanks

Nutsy

VoG II 14:51 27 Feb 2007
  recap 15:03 27 Feb 2007

Check your folder size by choosing Tools/Mailbox Cleanup. If you're over 1.5 GB, start deleting and/or archiving!

nutsy 10:40 28 Feb 2007

Thanks peeps, but no joy. certainly the file is too big,having run themailbox clean up - but I can'tdelete any of themails - when I try, I get the above error message. Can't run thescanpst file, as I can't find which folders to run it on!! Does anyone know wher ethe meails are stored to allow me to delete them from outside Outlook, please?

Batch 10:56 28 Feb 2007

Not absolutely sure on this, but I think the file(s) are *.pst (maybe even just outlook.pst).

You could search for *.pst and see what you find.

If it is just outlook.pst, try renaming in and then launch Outlook and see if it recreates a new empty set of folders (and hence new file).

recap 11:51 28 Feb 2007

In Outlook, go to Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Data Files. Select the account then Open Folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?