Outlook double copies in inbox

Bluebird 13:50 16 Oct 2003

I have Incredimail on my computer but would rather use Outlook as my virus scanner works within it. Whenever I use Outlook and get new e.mail messages it always recieves two of everything. This does not happen with Incredimail any idea's please.

Big Elf 14:42 16 Oct 2003

Have you created 2 message rules that are the same that process the emails as they arrive. I've just done this accidentally and started to receive 2 copies of emails until I deleted one of the rules.

Bluebird 15:03 16 Oct 2003

Thanks Big Elf but I dont know if I am thick or what but have looked at the wizard in Outlook,how do you change the rules of recieving.
I am running XP if that helps.
Thank You
Bluebird

Big Elf 15:27 16 Oct 2003

Start with 'Tools', 'Rules Wizard' and check the existing rules (if any) that are set up. Click on each rule and see whether 2 do the same or a very similar thing e.g. 'Apply this rule after the message arrives sent to youremailname move it to the inbox folder'. You can either modify or delete them.

Bluebird 16:37 16 Oct 2003

Big Elf
I have tried that but I do not have any existing rule so therefore cannot modify them. There is nothing else I can see to alter this problem.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts