outlook connector error

wildrover 09:17 18 May 2009

Hello. For the past month I have been having outlook synch problems - regularly getting an outlook connector error message: "We were unable to sign into your account. Outlook Connector has encountered an error. Please restart Outlook. If the issue continues, open the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, and repair Outlook Connector." The problem is solved by repairing Outlook Connector (restarting Outlook has no effect) but I then get the error message a couple of days later. This has been going on for about a month and seems to be happening more regularly.

Outlook 2007, Windows Vista

crosstrainer 10:07 18 May 2009

First steps:

Download, update and run the following:

click here

And

click here

Run both of these free tools, and if no infection is reported, then post back.

mfletch 12:56 18 May 2009

Try removing the connector in add or remove programs and download a new one and install it

click here

wildrover 14:37 18 May 2009

many thanks to both of you.

crosstrainer: Have run both tools and removed lots of adware.

mfletch: If I get the error message again I will do that.

wildrover 21:47 30 Jun 2009

Hi. I've tried both the suggestions but am still getting the error. It did appear to improve after removing the adware, and also after re-installing the connector. I also thought a bacup programme (i-sure) might be interfering with it so uninstalled that. I then didn't have the problem for a few days but it is now back with a vengance and I get the error message almost every time I start outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?