Outlook 2003 not sending automatically

melvyn 18:19 04 Aug 2005

I've just done a complete re-installation of all my software - only way to get rid of spy/adware!!

I use XP, Microsoft Office 2003 and Mailwasher and my problem is that Outlook now does not automatically send and receive when it is activated.

Under "tools", "options","mailsetup" I have checked the box which says "send immediately when connected" but it does not start on its own. It will send and receive perfectly OK if I use the send/receive button.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Happy Soul 20:22 04 Aug 2005

Click on the Send/Receive box to the right of where you ticked "send immediately when connected" and make sure all boxes are ticked.

melvyn 09:02 07 Aug 2005

Thanks Happy Soul, Done that - still does not send/receive on start-up.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Taff36 09:23 07 Aug 2005

Do you have more than one e-mail account set up in Outlook? If so I think it will only work with the default one.

Taff36 09:26 07 Aug 2005

Whoops! No I`m wrong there. That`s the way I chose to set it up.

rawprawn 10:09 07 Aug 2005

Have a look and see if Outlook is configured as default email. Tools/Options/Other tab/ Tick box for default

melvyn 10:14 07 Aug 2005

Yes Outlook is configured as default mail.

VoG II 10:21 07 Aug 2005
  Terry Brown 10:25 07 Aug 2005

I am not sure about mailwasher but dont you have to allow 'trusted' sites to connect (like a firewall ?)

melvyn 11:05 07 Aug 2005

VoG - have tried this - new group set up - still no auto "send/receive"

Terry Brown - yes you need to set up Mailwasher to use it, however I still get the problem if I open up Outlook without going through Mailwasher. Therefore I am convinced it is something within Outlook.

Thanks for the help guys - I wish it would resolve the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?