Outlook 2000 - attachments being zipped

WardaleM 19:11 31 Oct 2003

About 2 weeks ago(ish) Outlook started automatically zipping any attachments to emails. I attach the plain file OK and send it, but looking in the sent items, the file has been zipped.

Outlook was working perfectly for quite a while and then suddenly started misbehaving (I'm not quite sure how long ago though). I don't recall installing or uninstalling anything recently. Any ideas?

Limehouse 19:32 31 Oct 2003

Go to Tools/Options/Security and see if the box to "Encrypt Attachments.........etc is checked.

WardaleM 00:39 01 Nov 2003

I have checked Tools/Options Security. All 3 areas in the Secure Email section are greyed out.

The Secure Content section is set to Restricted Sites. Would this have any effect. I have not been into this tab before so I can't tell if this has changed recently.

petersmyth1 01:42 01 Nov 2003

As I've said before here why are you using Outlook as your email programme? What the hell is Outlook Express there for?

WardaleM 01:55 01 Nov 2003

Petersmyth1
I am using Outlook because OE doesn't allow me to use rules to sort my emails. I also use Outlook to organise my contacts and diary.

Plus, having used it at work for xx years I am used to it (apart from when I have problems).

If you have any better alternatives, I am willing to give them a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts