Other defrag software available

Europa 10:51 14 Jan 2006

I am missing the defrag facility of my old PC.
I used to run WinMe on it and I use to like the graphic that was shown when the system was defragmenting (that grid like picture who was showing the continuous progress of the defragmenting session).
Now I have the Window XP defrag facility which looks like is slower than the defrag facility in WinMe, perhaps because the graphics do not show 'active' progress.
Is there a defrag software that I can download that will show the same graphics as my old PC?
Thank you.

Europa 11:58 14 Jan 2006

Thanks SG Atlantis, I'll keep that website in mind for future references.
What I am looking for is something similar to the maintenance wizard in WinMe, where the defrag progress was shown with a grid where the squares were changing colours as the defragmentation was progressing.
Maybe what I am looking for died with the previous versions of windows, that's possible.

Europa 14:42 14 Jan 2006

200Gb.

Europa 21:23 14 Jan 2006

Thanks pj123, that reassures me to know that the defragmenter coming with XP is a lot slower than the one that came with WinMe.
For one moment I thought it was my system playing up.
I have downloaded Defrag2000 Lite and tried it. It is not as good and as fast as the WinMe one but I still prefer it to the one that comes with Window XP. At least you can see things moving.
Thank you PaulB2005.

Europa 20:31 15 Jan 2006

A lot smaller actually. But still, on a brand new computer, there isn't that many files to deal with anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor View 20 review

How Esports branding got a brand new look

Best free Mac apps

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2019)