An Orange theme - good or bad?

powerless 20:00 18 Nov 2003

click here

Does the orange and white work?

It is a theme so none "my Stuff" is on there just yet, just wanted to know if it was a theme to use?

PurplePenny 21:01 18 Nov 2003

I don't like orange so I thought that I would hate it - but actually it doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected. It's really quite easy to read.

Penny

[DELETED] 23:11 18 Nov 2003

I found it a little harsh, but I'm colourblind so that could account for it.

One point I'd offer that comes from someone who isn't colourblind (my mother). She said that a lot of newcomers to the web may feel a little lost at the very dark underlined text hyperlinks.

I guess we're all so used to seeing variations on the colour blue for our links, but for that very reason she probably has a point.

T

[DELETED] 23:12 18 Nov 2003

It's readable but I am not keen for "hot" colours as backgrounds.

[DELETED] 23:24 18 Nov 2003

The white against orange does read, but it's not my favourite colour though. It seem a little hard on the eyes.

[DELETED] 00:17 19 Nov 2003

I'm not really sure what I think of it, part of me really likes it but what i think you need to do is get the graphics just right to tie it all together otherwise it could be a little overpowering.

[DELETED] 09:30 19 Nov 2003

My sense of colour design isn't the best, but maybe a lighter shade of orange. It wasn't easy on my eyes.

[DELETED] 09:37 19 Nov 2003

I’m colour-blind, but I don’t find it hard to read the white or yellow? text. The black? text is a little hard to read. I think I would go for a slightly lighter flesh tone like #FFCC99 to go with your brown banner.

[DELETED] 09:40 19 Nov 2003

If it is too light, the white text won't work, too dark and black text won't work, too colourful and it's a bit overbearing.

[DELETED] 09:43 19 Nov 2003

Both from the websafe palette.

powerless 22:15 19 Nov 2003

How you do that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?