Opera - what is going on???

Border View 17:41 03 Apr 2010

I have just switched my computer on. I use Opera as my browser. (XP home SP3). It mentioned updating Opera OK. Now I cannot find my bookmark pages, the whole home page has changed and am at a total loss.

Has anyone else suffered the same problems. Ready to ditch Opera and revert to IE8

Simsy 18:15 03 Apr 2010

some corruption on first install.

I redownloaded, reinstalled, and all now fine.
(I assume you're talking about version 10.51 ?)

Regards,

Simsy

Woolwell 18:17 03 Apr 2010

I didn't have any problems with the update.

Salut 18:20 03 Apr 2010

Opera 10.51: No problems with the update here either. So much better, responsive and secure than IE8 too, a real gem...

Border View 18:33 03 Apr 2010

OK so I have done a system restore, uninstalled Opera, reinstalled and I still cannon find my bookmarks.

Can someone please tell me how to find bookmarks. It used to be in a list across the top of my page which is no longer there.

I have always been more than happy with Opera but at the moment I am tearing my hair out. I know its something to do with the page layout.

wiz-king 18:46 03 Apr 2010

View / Toolbars?

Border View 18:58 03 Apr 2010

Thanks wiz-king but I cant find "view" to start with. Cant decide where I am going wrong. I have a list at the top Home - Index - Contents = Search = Glossry = Help = First = Previous = Next = Last = Copyright = Author

Border View 19:04 03 Apr 2010

Think I have this sorted. But why on earth do they have to mess things about.

Eeeh Gads

Border View 19:04 03 Apr 2010

Think I have this sorted. But why on earth do they have to mess things about.

Eeeh Gads

Woolwell 19:07 03 Apr 2010

If you click on the red O you can then select show menu bar and this will bring back the more familiar headings. Getting to view in the new layout seems very difficult.

pookie 22:23 03 Apr 2010

i have ie8 at moment. to use opera do i need to uninstall ie8 from add/remove programmes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?