Opera and bookmarks

Tim1964 20:56 05 Oct 2003

I am currently using Opera as I'm having probs with IE6.

My question is ..Is there a way to keep the 'bookmarks' on the page (left hand side) when in full screen mode?
When using IE6 I liked having the 'Favorites' folders open but at the moment I'm having to press F11, click on a link and then press F11 again.

Thanks,

Chegs ® 21:25 05 Oct 2003

Top line of the browser click "View" and select "Hotlist" and you can have it "docked" or "floating"

Tim1964 21:59 05 Oct 2003

I clicked on View and hotlist but I don't see a 'docked' option, only a Left,Right and Floating.
When selecting 'Floating' the bookmarks list fills the screen.

Chegs ® 22:19 05 Oct 2003

Then select left/right and it will list the Bookmarks down either side.

I use Opera 6.05 as when I tried 7.** each time the page refreshed it returned to the top of the page.Not much trouble on most sites,but some of the threads in here go to 40+ posts before starting afresh,and as I had set it to refresh every minute,when reading down a thread I would suddenly find myself looking back at the 1st post. :-)

Pesala 09:31 06 Oct 2003

F4 will toggle the hotlist to the position you last left it. I recommend keeping it on the right, then most of the page doesn't move when you turn it on/off.

You can customise full screen mode to have toolbars, scroll bars, etc. click here for a few tips.

Ctrl F8 will show/hide the address bar, Ctrl F7 will show/hide the scroll bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts