Hot Topics

Open new tab in Firefox.

anskyber 21:12 06 Feb 2007

I think I'm getting tired now. I've got FF2 opening links in new tabs but I can only open bookmarks (IE favourites) in new tabs by right clicking and selecting open in new tab.

Is there a way to open bookmarks in new tabs?

Technotiger 21:43 06 Feb 2007

Hi, as an experiment I just tried it in FF2. First I clicked on 'Show Bookmarks' then I clicked on 'Open New Tab' finally I clicked on one of my bookmarks - hey presto it opened in the new tab.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:38 06 Feb 2007

Open your Bookmarks (book icon)

Right click one of you bookmarks

select open in new tab

Technotiger 22:43 06 Feb 2007

Hmmm, maybe we are all getting tired ... in your post you have already answered your own question!

:-))

anskyber 11:44 07 Feb 2007

9 hours of sorting Vista just about saw me off yesterday!

Still here though. Yes I did answer my own question! I did wonder though if like IE7 it was possible to do so from a single click of the bookmark itself rather than right clicking it first. In IE7 if you click a small button to the right of the favourite (bookmark) it launches a new tab as a single click rather than the left/right routine of FF.

I do now have IE7 back. One of my bundled bits of software with my Canon scanner (Omnipage 2.0) was blocking IE7, a simple uninstall did the trick. It was just luck finding the culprit amongst all the bits of software I have.

anskyber 11:46 07 Feb 2007

I should have added, many thanks to all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €