Online Document Storage

longbelly 09:34 26 Jun 2008

I have an account with MediaMax but they have decided to close all free accounts - I did not receive a notification - so all my files are lost.

Can anyone recommend a secure reliable free online storage site. I have tried to open an account with BT Vault but the site is down for maintenance, which doesn't sound promising. I have a Google docs account but that only accepts small files.

xania 12:53 26 Jun 2008

I've always had my doubts about these services, especially the free ones, and your experience makes it clear that my fears are justified. I really don't think there's any way around having your own backup of important files, even if you also have on-line cover.

amonra 13:10 26 Jun 2008

Get a cheap secondhand computer and fit a couple of large HDs. Connect with a cable and transfer files across. Shouldn't cost the earth, and you know your files are always available.

xania 09:01 27 Jun 2008

Or an external HHD to attach via USB to your current PC - even cheaper, and can fit into your pocket to take anywhere.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?