Hot Topics

Old PC Problem....Can't Turn on

Ashkan 10:43 15 May 2019

Hi...I Have Problem ...When I Turn on Power Supply PC Just Turn on 1 Second And Turn off....I Changed Power Supply But Nothing One Changed...I Removed GPU,Ram,HDD,...But Not Work And Have This Problem Again..... MotherBoard:GA-M52L-SP3...CPU:AMD x2 240....sorry bad en

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:12 15 May 2019

could be overheating does the CPU fan run?

wee eddie 17:51 15 May 2019

If it is old enough, could it be that the Thermal Paste needs refreshing

Ashkan Ashkan 11:02 16 May 2019

Fruit Bat:no because PC can't turn on more than one seconde... wee Eddie:I refreshed but not work...

click here can see on this video...when I turn on power supply PC just turn on one seconde....I can't at all turn on PC with power button on case because I said and you can see

You

wee eddie 13:31 16 May 2019

So, you removed the CPU from its Heatsink, cleaned the contact surfaces and put new Thermal Paste on them and reconnected them.

Ashkan Ashkan Ashkan 16:51 16 May 2019

I changed thermal paste but not work...also I bought new power cable but not work....I removed CPU fan and ram and GPU and test but not work.....is my CPU burned?

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:34 17 May 2019

More likely Motherboard has failed however try:-

Disconnect mains lead

Pres and hold the power button for 30 seconds

reconnect power and retry to boot.

rickf 19:44 17 May 2019

Time for a new one.

Ashkan Ashkan Ashkan 19:53 18 May 2019

Fruit:not work :(.... Rickf:I love this PC ..this is my first PC I should fix it:):

x13 20:54 18 May 2019

Rickf:I love this PC ..this is my first PC I should fix it

There comes a time when it's simply not fixable. Mobo dies and that's it. Why not replace the mobo and possibly use someone like Novatech, they have motherboards bundles =

Intel

AND Worth a look.

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

wee eddie 20:59 18 May 2019

Hey, you can keep the case

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €