(old) Noob new build to play VR

Papasierra 09:17 07 Jan 2018

Hi, I'm planning a new PC build with my 10yo son. I've never done this before and although I'm pretty clued up on tech basics I would love some pointers (or at least pointers to another forum if this isn't the correct place for this question) I'm intending to build as a minimum a unit that will play Basic VR. I would prefer to use a small/medium case. I've made my first purchase, a 480gb SSD (on a great offer !) One of my concerns is that I could buy all the bits I need and end up with components which are incompatible.

I've looked at partspicker which looks fairly good but doesn't really seem very intuitive.

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks P

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?