Office xp missing file

[DELETED] 17:12 02 Feb 2006

I run an P4 3.04,XP home.I just upgraded to Office XP,every time I try to use office or update I get a pop up asking for file-(sku011.cab)-I've looked on the disc and tried a reload,repair and leaveing the disc in but I still can't find the file or get over the problem.The programs seem to run ok.Any suggestions,as I've tried MS site and thier workround does'nt help

beynac 17:53 02 Feb 2006

I found this on another forum. I know you've got Office XP, but it could help. (The file is apparently hidden on the disc).

"Just a note for anyone else trying to solve this problem for Office 2003 on Windows XP -- I occasionally play around with the services on my machine, disabling those that seem to be sucking up memory for no particular good reason. I was also experiencing the SKU011.CAB problem: I couldn't start Excel, and when it prompted me for the Office installation disc, it wasn't able to find the file, even though I could locate it myself in Windows Explorer. Turns out that one of those services I stopped, called "Office Source Engine", must have been the cause. I just quit out of all my installation/repair dialogs to get back to the desktop, started that service, and was instantly able to open Excel with no problems."

[DELETED] 18:10 02 Feb 2006

This problem is also common to Office 2003. Here is Microsoft's workaround

click here

[DELETED] 18:14 02 Feb 2006

try this from another forum on net

Go into Registry Editor (Start, Run, "regedit"). Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, Office, 11.0, Delivery. There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (mine was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9). Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0. This worked for him, but be very careful anytime you edit the system registry.

sidecar sid 19:12 02 Feb 2006

Did you delete the office setup files when you finished the initial installation?

[DELETED] 07:47 03 Feb 2006

Ta surfmonkey,did the regedit and it worked in fact it starts quicker.Tried the other's first but could not get them to work.But sorted now,the forums come good again :}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

42 Tips for How to Make Digital Artworks That Look Hand-made

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)