Office Outlook 2003 Resets Mail Server & Username

TedoDude 20:41 11 May 2005

After setting up all the fields required to download mail from my mail server, I can successfully connect and download my mail.

However, when I shutdown the computer (not standby / hibernate), Outlook (2003) decides to change my incoming mail server to localhost, and my username to my real username, a slash & then my outgoing mail server.

It didn't do this when I first installed it, but has started to do so now. After a long time of it this is really frustrating. My Office & Windows Updates are up to date.

Couldn't find anything on KB or the office website. Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 20:48 11 May 2005

Do you have an anti virus program set to check your mail?

TedoDude 20:49 11 May 2005

Yes, AVG Antivirus.

Diodorus Siculus 20:55 11 May 2005

That is likely the problem then. Disable the email checking and see if it continues to happen when you shutdown / restart.

TedoDude 21:04 11 May 2005

Is disabled, will let know here if works / not. Thanks.

TedoDude 19:06 12 May 2005

No joy I am afraid. Disabled Automatic E-Mail Scanner and when booted up earlier today the settings were reset again... any other suggestions?

TedoDude 22:15 12 May 2005

After looking this doesn't seem to affect my Outlook Express settings... even though I don't use it.

Nothing else scans e-mails.

TedoDude 21:09 13 May 2005

(why does this question keep disappearing from the home pages, and i have to keep searching for? Surely there has not been so many threads that it disappears)

Diodorus Siculus 21:40 13 May 2005

To answer your last question, it keeps disappearing because there are a lot of questions being posted. Now, at 21.34, this page only has the last 3 hours worth of postings.

To find yours, simply click on the link "view your postings" at the top.

TedoDude 21:49 13 May 2005

k thanx. Any suggestions with the e-mail stuff?

Diodorus Siculus 21:51 13 May 2005

Sorry, can't work it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?