Office home and student 2019 / word question

  mrgrumpy 12:20 06 Nov 2019

Ok guys so you will all be pleased to know that I have finally stopped using the 2007 version and got 2019 yesterday.

I know that if I go to layout and then margins at top left tab I can obviously set margins.

I am looking for an option that may/may not be in the 2019 version I just got.

In my old 2007 word and possibly later versions , when you opened a new document their was a numbered bar across the top of the page where you could drag the page width with the mouse , you could also do the same at top/bottom.

Has this been removed or is it that I just cant find it.

  mrgrumpy 12:54 06 Nov 2019

found the answer to my own question so for the benefit of others , go view and tick ruler , apparently Microsoft now turn it off by default because they say users don't like it on.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply


Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique