Office - Change Owners Name

Taff36 21:55 14 Mar 2005

I have been given an old Win98 machine that belonged to a local GP. Basically I have cleaned every reference, file, MRU etc but before I pass it on to a worthwhile home I need to change the owners name that appears whenever I open Word. Excel or Publisher. (The name appears on the splashscreen and of course if you go to Help>about)

I have scoured the registry but can`t find the string even after searching. Any clues?

Taff36 15:28 21 Mar 2005

I`ve run Belarc but for Word & Excel it gives the Licence number not the CD Key. The licence number includes "OEM" which I can`t enter when requested to do so. But I see where you`re going I think. (If acceptable could I use the envelope to mail you?)

Graham ® 19:50 21 Mar 2005

I thought it was the '98 CD key you needed.

Feel free to mail me, but I can't think of any other way to help you.

Taff36 10:37 22 Mar 2005

Thanks for That one. I`ll have a look tonight but I suspect that the registered owner (which I have already changed) only relates to the Windows 98 for which I have disk and licence anyway.

Thanks anyway Graham as you have probably noticed from my first thread It`s the preinstalled Word & Excel that I have the problem with but no disks were provided for these.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?