of people who I have known to actually want the Office assistant - most people ask for ways to get rid of it.
To install unavailable features in Office 2003 you'll need to do this:
1. Quit all running programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office 2003, and then click Change.
4. In the Microsoft Office 2003 Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
5. Click to select the check boxes of the components that you want to install.
6. Click to select the 'Choose advance customization of applications' check box, and then click Next.
7. Expand the product that you want to customize, click the icon to the left of the feature name, and then click the installation state that you want. For example, if you want to remove a feature, set it to 'Not Available'. To install a feature immediately, click 'Run from My Computer', or click 'Installed on First Use' if you want to install the feature when it is requested for the first time.
8. When you finish changing the installation states, click 'Update'.