OEx 6 address book gets in way!

hatrickj 14:19 02 May 2004

I have just tried to forward, in accordance with a site's instructions,a message to unsubscribe to a chatroom unconnected with PCA. When I do this I get a dialog box headed "Check address" and Whatever I do I cannot send unless i add address to address book. As this will be a 'one off' I don't see need to do this. Any suggestions to fet round prob.Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 14:57 02 May 2004

Don't know how to get around it as I don't use OE but would suggest that you just add the address to the book and then delete when finished.

hatrickj 15:08 02 May 2004

Yes. Thanks,Diodorus Siculus, but should'nt I drive OEx not OEx drive me?

Diodorus Siculus 15:15 02 May 2004

hatrickj - yes, I suppose so. There are lots of alternatives to OE out there - I use Becky from Rimarts.co.jp - excellent program which a huge fan base and user group on Yahoo groups. Cost about US $40 but well worth it.

Eudora, FoxMail, Thunderbird and Pegasus are all worthy free alternatives.

Steven135 15:27 02 May 2004

OE - Tools - Options - Send Tab untick automatically put people I reply to in my address book

hatrickj 17:39 02 May 2004

Sorry and thanks for tip but it doesn't make any difference!

hatrickj 17:47 02 May 2004

Weird so weird but I had been pasting the address in to the to box but when I decided to in-put manually it worked. I'llleve open in case anyone else has a good suggestion or reason why pasting the adress has different effect from manual in-put

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?