OE6 Problems attachments renamed and sending block

  tiggertwo 20:42 16 Aug 2004

I am using XP SP1 and am fully up to date in terms of windows update, anti virus and zone alarm.

Since my return from holiday late last week have had two issues with OE6 which was working fine before I left:

1. All file atachments received are being renamed to lose any spaces: example: a word file sent from work called "notes for home" will appear as "notesforhome". Also if I try to save this it is being saved as type 'file' when used to save as type 'word doc' and I have to open the file rename it and save it again to get it as a word doc. This is happening to all attached files regardless of the sender. [Please note there is already a thread that shows others are having this issue 'Outlook express 6 attachments renamed'] I have posted as briefer message there

2. At the asame time but not sure if this is connected I do some work for a charitable organsisation including sending a weekly news email to a small list of members using a membership database which has not been upgraded or ameneded in anyway whilst I have been away. This was also working fine before I went but now wheh I try to send this block email I am getting an error message as follows: 'An error occured while trying to send. Details 451 system unable to respond at this time, please try later'.
I have tried this several times over last 24 hours each time with same message appearing but am able to send out individual emails all the time.

  tiggertwo 21:57 17 Aug 2004

IE6 update amended tools-options-security setting.

  tiggertwo 21:58 17 Aug 2004

The ossue re attachment file names changing is being dealat with in another thread started by another user

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus