OE won't do its job.....

Sketch 21:50 09 Sep 2003

I get this:

'The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '**********@****.com'. Subject 'Re:*****...', Account: '******', Server: 'out.******.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to ****.com is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79'

It doesn't matter who it's to. Or on what account it is based, this message is always the result of ANY outgoing mail. Why?

Switcher 21:56 09 Sep 2003

Try sending an EMAIL to yourself to test outgoing and incoming capability first.

Sketch 21:58 09 Sep 2003

Er, yes, remarkably I can send email to myself.

But no on else.

SketcH

exodus 22:49 09 Sep 2003

See if this helps.
click here

exodus 22:52 09 Sep 2003

One dodgy link, lets try again.
click here

Sketch 23:07 09 Sep 2003

Thanks heaps for your assistance.

But I actually think I managed to deduce what was wrong myself. Under the 'Properties' of my 'Account Name' I had 'Sketch01'. This is infact wrong. My 'Account Name' is actually the entire email address; this is quite misleading as on the previous tab the identifier is 'Email Address' and on this particular tab the identifier is 'Account Name'.... therefore I felt that it wasn't asking for the whole address and instead just the bit I had to register with the supplier.

Hey. We live and learn!

:oP

SketcH

Sketch 23:11 09 Sep 2003

Strangely though. Under the other settings I had actually previously been able to send mail to other people, and myself; all under the wrong settings.

The error message said that it rejected the recipients address, rather than correctly stating that it had infact rejected mine! Stupid computer. You'd think it would atleast display the correct error.

:o)

Spooky.

SketcH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?