OE - my front page has disappeared

Sue Tait 15:21 17 Sep 2008

On opening OE yesterday I discovered my front page has disappeared i.e. the page showing folder lists etc. Toolbars are still there - my husband also has an account and his front page is fine.

All my mails are in tact - I just can't see where they are.

I am able to send and receive mails (I have to go into the find facility and ask for mails received today in order to find out who has sent me what!) - Replying etc. is fine - I can create a mail as the toolbar is still there I just cannot see the folder list. This happened to me just over a year ago but I can't remember how I fixed it or even if it fixed itself. I couldn't see a similar problem so hope I am not repeating this.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 - I also downloaded Internet explorer 7 to see if a new version of OE might help (I am using v6 of OE) - I also use Outlook for task management and contact details but not email and now it is telling me when I open it up that version 4 or higher of OE is required - so Outlook is not seeing the OE that is there any more. Thanks in anticipation.
Sue Tait

Clapton is God 15:24 17 Sep 2008

"I also downloaded Internet explorer 7 to see if a new version of OE might help (I am using v6 of OE)"

There is no later version of OE.

Try a System Restore

Eric10 15:38 17 Sep 2008

Open OE and go to View, Layout then put a tick next to Folder List.

Sea Urchin 15:44 17 Sep 2008

.....and also Contacts if you want them displayed below the folders

Sue Tait 16:32 17 Sep 2008

Thanks for tips - however - have tried system restore three times going back a week ultimately. In layout all the relevant boxes were checked as I know how I like the front page to look but still does not work

Sea Urchin 16:50 17 Sep 2008

So presumably you are "stuck" on the Inbox with your messages in view, but no means of clicking on other folders?

One thing you could try - it might sound strange but it can sometimes work. If you go to View/Layout as above, and then remove the ticks from the boxes. Click apply and OK, and then go back to Layout and put back the ticks you want and Apply/OK

Sue Tait 17:46 17 Sep 2008

Sea Urchin - Thank you

I unchecked all of the boxes in layout and it all came back as it should - I rechecked them and it is still ok

I shall write this down now so I know what to do if it happens again

Many many thanks

Sue Tait

Sea Urchin 18:54 17 Sep 2008

It was a long shot, but I'm delighted to hear it worked for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?