OE Blocking Attachments in Email

jockym 12:10 13 Oct 2003

Since upgrading the pc to XP I have had a few head scratching moments but have usually managed to sort it,however this one has me beat.
I am getting the follwing message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail" it then quotes the attachment. These attachments are usually from friends and like a good boy I always send them to my attachment check folder and do a virus scan before I open them. How do I stop OE from doing this, I like control my own destiny,right or wrong.

johnnyrocker 12:13 13 Oct 2003

firstly if you select forward the attachment will appear, secondly go to tools/options/security and untick 'remove attach etc etc' which should solve your probs..

cheers.

johnny

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:14 13 Oct 2003

Open OE select tools options then security i think then untick the box that says block accsess to attachments.

Regards.

Taff36 12:16 13 Oct 2003

In OE go to TOOLS . OPTIONS & untick the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be opened or saved......."

To retrieve existing message attachments simply highlight the attachment go forward and when the e-mail opens right click the attachment and open it from there. You then close the forward e-mail.

jockym 12:25 13 Oct 2003

thanks for the answer and I admit my guilt - it could only have been me that ticked it in the first place

Jester2K II 15:09 13 Oct 2003

Its set on by default in OE6 so you didn't set it on- - MS did.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts