odbc.hta what is this

caast©? 20:54 12 Apr 2004

I have a friends computer that is causing problems When I log on, , a tiny blue bar,
exactly like the top of any browser pops up over the Start button. It is no more than 2 inches long and says,
C:\Windows\ODBC.hta and then i get a warning from Norton Antivirus malicious script detected Activity get special folder. So I stop the script.

I think this is something to do with Kaaza which I have deleted from his computer, but still remains in Msconfig/Start up
(Register Kaaza upgrade suite 3)If I uncheck this it reappears, and I cannot comeletely remove kazza from his computer.

caast©? 20:56 12 Apr 2004

I did a quick google search not much there, but I get the feeling it is a trojan.

beeuuem 21:05 12 Apr 2004

The advice from click here may help.

Valvegrid 21:18 12 Apr 2004

Try running 'kazzaBegone' download:

click here

caast©? 21:37 12 Apr 2004

running me round in circles, to search pages. do you have a link to download? M

Valvegrid 21:53 12 Apr 2004

I just click on the download button and downloaded a zip file of 41.8K. I'm not sure why you're getting the run-around, if you still get problems, email me and I'll send you the zip file.

Paul.

cycoze 21:57 12 Apr 2004
  Valvegrid 06:34 13 Apr 2004

Further thoughtd; you have a problem with some sort of scumware on your machine, if you still can't get through using cycoze's link, that will confirm you are being re-directed. The scumware will have to be removed using one of these programs:

click here

click here

caast©? 18:25 13 Apr 2004

Just getting the search page: after states waiting for download, if not redirected in so many seconds click here:

I have spybot S&D run that found nothing, and Pest Patrol, run that found nothing.

I have Norton AV, and Zone Alarm Pro so would not expect to find any problems. As you can see I am Heavily gaurded against so should not have these problems, clicking on a link.

VoG II 18:43 13 Apr 2004

Have you tried running CWShredder? click here

caast©? 18:59 13 Apr 2004

I have the same problem here, OK get to the link but as soon as I click to download the program, it re-directs to the searchpage.cc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)