O2 Broadband customers to get home telephone packa

giz 10:15 20 Mar 2010

Is there any more info on this. It is in your mag dated April 2010 but I cannot find anything on O2 webpage (via your link). O2 customer services do not know about it (They just cut me off)

woodchip 10:20 20 Mar 2010

You need to contact Editor of the Mag

anniesboy 10:20 20 Mar 2010

Some info here,no actual date yet

click here

rambus 14:52 20 Mar 2010

would you still have to pay a line rental to BT.
i have o2 broadband but it comes down a BT line and i pay a line rent to BT as well as a payment to o2 for the broadband .

onthelimit 15:42 20 Mar 2010

No this would include the line rental - paid to 02 instead of BT. Same idea as Talk Talk (but cheaper).

rambus 18:09 20 Mar 2010

thanks for clearing that up for me onthelimit, i will be having some of that. for what its worth i find o2 broadband excellent.

morddwyd 07:31 21 Mar 2010

Don't hold your breath.

I've registered for this some time ago, and didn't even get an automated acknowledgement.

I'm pretty certain it's the usual story - only available from unbundled exchanges.

For what it's worth, I find O2 Customer Services rubbish, and I've already posted about this.

Just waiting for my minimum contract to finish!

Border View 09:40 21 Mar 2010

Speak as you find - my experience of o2 Customer Service (when I needed it) was outstanding. The fellas there could not have been more helpful.

I have an o2 mobile phone and with them for my broadband, but am tied in to BT with a contract for about another seven months. Looking to find out how to cancel the "continuing contract" with BT. When I do I shall certainly consider o2 for my landline.

LastChip 13:36 22 Mar 2010

I'm somewhat surprised at morddwyd's comment, as I find o2 perfectly acceptable.

Yes, their front line staff are not super technicians, but then they're not meant to be. And as Barmoor commented, they certainly try and be helpful *and* at least you're not paying premium rates to speak to them. In fact, you're paying nothing at all!

When I called o2 about a fairly complex server configuration issue, they couldn't answer me (I didn't expect them to), but did offer to raise the issue to a level two technician, who could potentially have raised it still further. In the end, I managed to sort it out myself, but the offer of help was there for all that.

All I can compare in recent times, was a conversation with the Virgin help desk on behalf of a friend, and by comparison, they were a disaster, offering totally false information.

morddwyd 20:35 22 Mar 2010

Never had an issue with their technical expertise, or their mobile service (one of the reasons I changed)just their broadband helpfulness, or lack of it, and I moved from Orange, not the highest in customer satisfaction ratings, and about which many people would say anything would be an improvement!

Like I said, I have posted previously on this.

If anyone is really interested

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?