NWN Running Slowly - Gfx Card doesn't fit!

Morsmordre 14:21 14 Apr 2003

Neverwinter Nights runs like crap on my computer even though it meets the sys requirements. I don;t mean it just runs a little slow, I mean really really goo-like :)

Anyway I got a 32MB Graphics Card off someone because they said that it should be enough and I'm using onboard at the moment which could be too slow. I have an AGP slot, but my card dosent physiacally fit into my case?

I thought motherboards and cases had to follow a standard to ensure parts would fit? Does anyone have an idea how I can get it to fit, or how I can get NWN to run nicely?

MartinT-B 14:32 14 Apr 2003

More info about which Graphics card and which motherboard would make the advice given more relevant.

There are too many types of both for me to comment atm.

I have a Geforce2 mx/mmx400 (32MB) on my Work PC running Windows 98SE and that was enough for Morrowind, so inpriciple, your friend is right, 32MB should be enough for NWN.

BUT

If you have a broken/old Graphics cards, or your MoBo only supports AGPx1 or x2 then is moy not be enough.

More info please.

Too much is never enough in these circumstances.

Morsmordre 14:43 14 Apr 2003

I don't doubt that the card isnt enough for it... just it wont go into the case. It's too long. I'm not at home right now so I dont know what the mobo is but the card is a TNT2 32MB, which is actually the card on the sys requirements...

Morsmordre 14:43 14 Apr 2003

I don't doubt that the card isnt enough for it... just it wont go into the case. It's too long. I'm not at home right now so I dont know what the mobo is but the card is a TNT2 32MB, which is actually the card on the sys requirements...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)