NVRAM - Update Failed

Gunner Rob 18:41 12 Apr 2003

I have recently noticed that when my PC boots up following post, the line above the amount of memory the system has on board is as follows; 'Checking NVRAM.' (short pause while the check is carried out) then follws on same line with '- Update failed' Can anybody tell what this means and what is the course of action?

Rayuk 19:26 12 Apr 2003

amibios states
"Bios could not write to the NVRAM block.This message appears when the flash part is write protected or if there is no flash part[System uses a PROM or EPROM]"
This may not help at all.
What motherboard do you have,for some there is a setting regarding NVRAM in the bios

Gunner Rob 22:44 13 Apr 2003

My motherboard is a PC CHIPS M810LMR Ver 3.0A, although I believe that PC CHIPS may have re-numbered it recently.

Rayuk 19:20 14 Apr 2003

If this is not causing any other problems, until someone comes along with a definate cure I would leave well alone.
This did happen to me once on an Asus board but there was a setting in the bios to rectify it,looking at the manual for this board cannot see same setting.

Gunner Rob 22:02 14 Apr 2003

Thanks for looking, so far everything else seems to be working fine so I will leave it for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?