nview_info Again!

Diemmess 18:12 25 Feb 2009

Having ticked an earlier thread as solved I have to admit I was a mite previous.

Still there in inglorious profusion.
The only effect [my guess] is a bit of foot dragging and at worst a system hangup.

the properies of this error message, I've copied off screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : rundll32: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does that give a better idea of what is wrong and best of all an idea how to cure it?

MAT ALAN 18:37 25 Feb 2009

the only Nview i am aware of is the one i have on my PC as part of my Nvidia VGA card display settings,
so the issues you have may be graphic card driver related...

Diemmess 15:37 01 Mar 2009

You were correct.
I made the beginner's mistake of updating the drivers without uninstalling the corrupt ones first.

Absolutely no more nview_info errors since.

I.E. has been a different matter and seems to be the cause of "application error" or "application hang" causing long battles to unfreeze the computer.

In fact I.E. has been tetchy in a way that AOL browsing never was.
I seemed [then]to be able to open link after link and never worry what was already there. They always closed as and when needed.
This is a different story and if it persists I will fuss about it with btinternet's help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?