Nvidia network controller

BigB32 19:58 17 Oct 2007

Hi all I was wondering if someone can help me with a query I would like an answer too ,I have a ASUS P5N32-E SLI which has Nvidia networking controller built in so to speak , now I am experiencing a lot of frustration with the network controller sometimes when I turn my pc on its connects perfectly and other times when I turn on nothing ,now according to the Nvidia forums a fair few of us are having the exact same problems general opinion is it is probably driver related to the controller , so my question is what steps do I need to take to disable /stop / take off the controller and put a PCI network card and connect through that.
Thanks for any replies

Brian

woodchip 20:02 17 Oct 2007

Go into Device Manager and right click the offender and choose disable

woodchip 20:03 17 Oct 2007

it may come under Network

@[email protected]!c 20:04 17 Oct 2007

you could also try installing newer/older drivers (if any) to see if that solves it regards akanic

BigB32 20:14 17 Oct 2007

Thanks for that
woodchip
this board has 2 lan connections disable both I presume
@[email protected]!c
there is no newer drivers apparently that is what everyone is waiting for in the hope that it sorts out this problem once and for all , I get the impression this problem goes back a fair way

Cheers

Brian

woodchip 20:18 17 Oct 2007

The Lan's! one will be Ethernet other Wireless

woodchip 20:18 17 Oct 2007

PS have you tried the Wired Ethernet port

BigB32 20:24 17 Oct 2007

Yes I am in the wired port lan 1 now I have not got wireless just the old fashioned wires trailing everwhere
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?