NTL Webmail

KCR 15:41 04 Nov 2003

I have NTL Bband and use their webmail service but it is incredibly slow - much slower than I have seen others logging on to webmail hosts using dial-up !

Is anyone else suffering from this ? NTL website is slow loading up compared to other websites but on the email front I'm talking over 3 mins to load up a single page listing about twenty text only emails with no attachments !

pj123 16:34 04 Nov 2003

What do you mean "webmail" service. I have NTL BB at 600kbs and all I do is click on Mail, Read Mail and there it is?

KCR 16:40 04 Nov 2003

Go in to services and webmail - enter email address and password and then eventually it will bring up your inbox - what/where do you click on - I confess I set it up a year ago and use a shortcut on the keyboard to go straight to it - has it changed ?

Thanks

obbit 16:56 04 Nov 2003

pj123 it's on the NTL home page.

click here

obbit 16:59 04 Nov 2003

sorry KCR didn't mean to steal your thread. i haven't used webmail as i am using OE at the moment. NTL keep having problems with services. if it continues to be slow it might be a case of waiting till they fix any faults or give them a ring.

accord 17:02 04 Nov 2003

click here for NTL server status

KCR 17:04 04 Nov 2003

When I load up the webpage you get webmail options either through the services pull down menu or down on the right hand side - is it the same thing ? Must be

accord 17:04 04 Nov 2003

the ntl home page is a nightmare to view even on BB, havnet used it for ages as it isnt worth the wait, youre better off using google/yahoo for search engine or bbc.co.uk if you want full content, as for webmail, again i havent used that for ages as ive configured outlook and outlook express for emails.

pj123 10:30 05 Nov 2003

Ah, thanks obbit. I don't use NTL home page. My home page is Google.

KCR, on the menu bar one of the icons is Mail, with a drop down menu. I just click on that and then on Read Mail. I am using IE6.

pj123 10:33 05 Nov 2003

KCR

Just been into NTL home page and see where you are at. But I still have the normal IE menu icons at the top and Mail, Read Mail is still there and works.

KCR 10:36 05 Nov 2003

I must have extremely poor attention to detail because I cannot see it on the screen ! Do you log in to NTL first somehow (which could bring up a different screen).

Could you tell me where on the screen you see the Mail, Read Mail options ?

Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?