Now this

Forum Editor 19:32 15 Apr 2006

is an example of how a commercial web site should look. Tasteful and restrained design, everything you want to know at the click of a mouse, and quality products, well displayed.

It's hard to fault, and it seems nitpicking to try, but you asked, so there are three points:-

1. You need a privacy policy page, because you're offering people a form, on which they'll record personal details. You don't need to say much, just reassure your customers that you will not disclose their personal details to a third party under any circumstances, without their prior consent. Tell them that you will only retain their information for as long as is necessary for the conduct of the business between you both, and that they may ask to see the information you hold about them at any time.

2. On your links page, put a little paragraph to say that you cannot be held responsible for the content of external sites.

3. It's not a great idea to have contact email addresses as hyperlinks - you'll be swamped with spam. Put email addresses in plain text - preferably as a graphic, so they can't be harvested by spam-bots. Let your customers do the typing.

That purple border? I see exactly what you mean, and the harder you look the more difficult the decision becomes - have you tried losing it, what does it look like?

My only thought was that the content might tend to look a little lost without the restraint of the border - on balance I think I might keep it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Asus ROG Phone review

How Esports branding got a brand new look

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?