Notifyiing contact re email address change

Yimbo 15:06 30 Jan 2017
Answered

I'll be changing my ISP and email address soon, and I wondered if there is a way to notify my contacts en bloc as it were, rather than one by one! I use Windows 8:1 and MS Office 2010 Outlook I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Belatucadrus 15:42 30 Jan 2017

Open your address book, then using menu bar go Edit / Select all, then "Send new message to". This will work in outlook Express & Thunderbird. So I'm assuming it'll be OK on Outlook but don't have a copy to confirm this.

Yimbo 15:57 30 Jan 2017

Thanks Belatucadrus, I'll give this try when the time comes! I don't, as yet, have my new email address. I appreciate your assistance.

Yimbo 16:02 30 Jan 2017

Hi again,Belatucadrus - - I've just made a preliminary attempt with your advice - but there's no "Select all" under "Edit" in the opened Address Book - - so it doesn't look like I can do what you've suggested.

Belatucadrus 16:12 30 Jan 2017

Long shot but with the address book open try using Ctrl-A.

Pine Man 16:23 30 Jan 2017

If you try and send too many emails at one go your ISP will probably block them assuming that you are mass spamming.

Send in small groups if this happens.

Secret-Squirrel 16:49 30 Jan 2017
Answer

I wondered if there is a way to notify my contacts en bloc as it were, rather than one by one!

If you select one contact then press CTRL+A then all of them should become selected. To select a block of contacts in Outlook you should be able to select the first contact then hold down the shift key and select the last. All contacts in between will then become selected. Here are a couple of things to note though:

1) Add your contacts to the BCC box of the email. If you insert all the addresses into the TO or CC boxes then everyone will seee everyone else's address and that's probably something you would like to avoid.

2) Like Pine Man said earlier, email providers limit the number of recipients per email to prevent spam. To prevent your email from failing to send, keep the number of recipients to a maximum of 50 per email. To select a block of contacts in Outlook you should be able to select the first contact then hold down the shift key and select the last. All contacts in between will then become selected.

Yimbo 17:38 30 Jan 2017

Thank you folks - - Your information has been very helpful! I'm sure I can get the notifications out when the time comes! I appreciate all your assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?