Not quite computer, its television

spikeychris 16:03 02 Aug 2003

Something that has been bothering me for a while. Has anyone noticed that if you watch tele and there is text on the left side of the screen part of the text is missing ie: "live from" will read "ive from" (the L is missing)

Same applies sometimes when two presenters are on screen at the same time, part of the left presenters head can be missing (left side)

Thought..I know I'll buy a widescreen TV..I did and its still happening. I have tried all formats on the tele including the 16:9 ratio.

This happens on all channels with NTL digital as well as terrestrial.

Will ask at work on Monday but is there anyone with the answer???

Chris

Śamurai Ĵack ₪₪ 16:12 02 Aug 2003

Yep

VoG II 16:14 02 Aug 2003

I've just learned to live with it. You need a degree in electronic engineering to set-up my TV and I don't want to make things worse.

Jester2K II 16:16 02 Aug 2003

Happens on my Telewest Cable TV connection on a Widescreen TV. Changing the aspect to normal (4:3) shows it normally but in Widescreen its missing the left (or right) most parts.

But then again Widescreen is a stretched version of the normal picture.

Is there any thing in your manual about tuning the picture size??

Śamurai Ĵack ₪₪ 16:23 02 Aug 2003

Same as VoG.. Just live with it..

Djohn 16:30 02 Aug 2003

Haven't got the answer to that, but would like to know why the "text panels", Such as the info. for a movie have a perfect straight, Top/Left/Bottom edge. But the right edge is always crooked, almost "S" shaped. Have a look, if you haven't already noticed. :o(

Djohn 16:32 02 Aug 2003

This thread is PC related. I watch the TV while sat at my PC! ;o)

powerless 16:44 02 Aug 2003

Open your left eye.

spikeychris 16:48 02 Aug 2003

ahh, thanks for the input. Picture size >> no specific information, just how to alter the formating. It has to be how broadcasters broadcast??

PS: agree that the workings of computers are a doddle compared to the manuals of new TV's

powerless 16:55 02 Aug 2003

"It has to be how broadcasters broadcast??"

...and you work for the BBC!

spikeychris 16:59 02 Aug 2003

unfortunately I work for radio, now if there was sound coming out of only one speaker I'm ya man :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts