Not nearly finished but would like your feedback.

AcidBurn7uk 13:26 14 Jul 2004

OK, this is my site. The idea is that Web-designers. developers etc in the north-west have somewhere to hang around ask questions etc. Not trying to steal glory from the PCA forums ;)

Anyways, this is bascically JUST the forum and a few posts. Only 1 0r 2 mates using/testing at the moment (as you will be able to tell).

I would just like a few of you guys and girls to have a quick flick though as it were and point out some of my mistakes at my first real website. Enought babel, the address is: click here

Not the most relative domain in the world, but then I'm not the most creative person!

tomleady 16:09 14 Jul 2004

havent really got time to review at the moment, but i know of another site which sounds similar to yours:

click here

just thought it might be helpful.

AcidBurn7uk 16:16 14 Jul 2004

Thats good :P
Not looking to offer anything like that, just the forum part really. Hopefully mine is going to be based around the forum, with tips, tricks, tutorials and the likes. Still, maybe some sort of partnership can be formed (I.E. Nick their members :P)

Just kiddin' MerseyServe!

Al94 13:11 15 Jul 2004

I would advise against the inappropriate language which you as administrator have used on your own site

Taran 13:34 15 Jul 2004

I wasn't going to comment but I have to agree with Al94.

Offering such language and excuses about why things are not working correctly in the form of a blog or thread on your homepage is not very inspiring.

You could just put a short statement to the effect that the site has technical problems which will be resolved or have been resolved, as the case may be.

AcidBurn7uk 19:44 15 Jul 2004

Just checked the homepage now and there was some sort of problem with it, did you guys have any problems? Uploaded a backup and is working fine now. I do apologize about the language, but at the moment it is really only used by a few friends I didn't think it would be a problem, but if somebody did 'wonder' accross the site it, I agree, it wouldn't be the nicest think to see! So, its gone, and I will post something 'nicer'.

I guess I have been thinking like it was an in-accessable page (on my testing server) but anybody can stumble accross it now, so I have to treat it like a real live site!

Thanks for the feedback, anybody got anyhting to say about cosmetics etc.

AcidBurn7uk 19:46 15 Jul 2004

Just checked the homepage now and there was some sort of problem with it, did you guys have any problems? Uploaded a backup and is working fine now.
I do apologize about the language, but at the moment it is really only used by a few friends I didn't think it would be a problem, but if somebody did 'wonder' across the site, I agree, it wouldn't be the nicest think to see! So, its gone, and I will post something 'nicer' later on tonight.

I guess I have been thinking like it was on my testing server and nobody could get to it, but anybody can stumble across it now, so I have to treat it like a real live site!

Thanks for the feedback, anybody got anything to say about cosmetics etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?