no sound HELP!!!!!

stephen0205 22:32 11 May 2006

i recently purchased a new hard drive and mother board and i have installed everything but he sound i dont have a disk it just kind of worked before so i thought this time would be the same but it wasnt so can anyone help me.

De Marcus™ 22:43 11 May 2006

Is this an onboard sound chip or one you physically installed?

Also, the make and model of the motherboard would help.

Rich Pickings 23:00 11 May 2006

You probably need to install drivers for the sound chip. For this you will need the make and model of the motherboard. Then you can visit the manufacturer's website and download the drivers, or post the info here and someone will point you in the right direction.

Stuartli 00:04 12 May 2006

It will most likely be a C-Media or Realtek onboard sound chipset unless you have installed a sound card.

Check in the Bios that onboard sound is enabled and install or download the latest audio drivers for the motherboard. They should, in fact, be on the mobo CD.

stephen0205 12:32 12 May 2006

the pc was given to me and i dont know whats in it is there any softwqare that will tell me

Rich Pickings 12:34 12 May 2006

Open the case and see if there is a manufacturer written anywhere on the mobo.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:52 12 May 2006

Belarc click here will identify your motherbord and everyting else in your PC.
Once we know the sound chip we can point you to the drivers.

pj123 14:13 12 May 2006

I'm confused?

At first you said "i recently purchased a new hard drive and mother board and i have installed everything but he sound" Then later you say, "the pc was given to me and i dont know whats in it"

If the Motherboard was a recently bought new unit, it should have an install CD in the box.

Rocker 18:54 09 Sep 2006

hi i just done a clesn inatall on my toshiba tetra 8100 laptop but the sound makes a crackleling sound i downloaded the driver from the toshibs web site as i lost the driver disk its running win 200 pro anyone got a idea what the prob may be thanks

Rocker 18:57 09 Sep 2006

sorry stephen0205 i posted in the rong place

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?