No power to HP Deskjet

s99Raj 13:40 03 Nov 2003

I have an HP Deskjet 940C which has been working fine until I moved it from one room to another. That's all I did. Now it shows no power. The power lead is OK because it works on some other device. When I press the On/Off button on the deskjet I get nothing; the printer is dead, no lights some on, the cartridge holders do not move. It acts exactly as if it wasn't plugged in.

Anyone know what I could check?

Rtus 13:56 03 Nov 2003

I Assume the power lead is the Std computers type or is it Figure 8 either way if other devices can use it it wont be at fault.Or have you thought about where it plugs into >check those connections.. Is there a hidden switch at the rear? and finally if none of above there may be an internal fuse. having said that most are thermal & wound into the transformer of the Printer PSU.some have seperate circuit board so reasonable to replace..Do be cautious as reguards the Mains supply to the printer..Good Luck.

s99Raj 14:08 03 Nov 2003

The power lead is the fugure 8 type, and I'm using one off a radio on which it works fine.

I can't see any hidden switches at the rear or anywhere else. I haven't opened it up to see if there are any internal fuses. Are these printers easy to open?

I'll have a quick look.

s99Raj 14:14 03 Nov 2003

I've had a look and it seems a real bugger to open. There are no obvious screws to undo to get inside.

Rtus 20:15 03 Nov 2003

no unfortunately you have to know your way around these printers. they are usually a combination of base screws and then moulded clips, so its careful pressure aplied here & there to ease them apart..

s99Raj 20:36 03 Nov 2003

Thanks - I think I'll leave it alone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?