No Internet / Network Access via Ethernet Cables

CaitlinD 11:08 19 Feb 2019

All of the computers within the business I work for are having (or have had, this is an on going issue) with connecting to the internet via an Ethernet cable or via Wifi. We predominantly use Ethernet cables. It either says no internet access, or no network access. All the drivers are up to date and we have repeatedly restarted the router. I have attempted to plug in the Ethernet cables to different ports and this does not work either. Suggestions? Thanks

KEITH 1955 12:01 19 Feb 2019

you say ongoing , how long , I don't know how an office set up works but do you use splitter boxes the same as you would at home with a phone line and internet cable plugged into the same box.

difarn 13:40 19 Feb 2019

I'm wondering if it is a case that your PCs are not set to to obtain an IP address and DNS server automatically?

You don't say whch version of Windows you are using but for windows 7 you

Click on start, control panel, network and internet, network and sharing centre, left hand column change adapter settings, right-click on local area connection and click on Properties, in the new indow choose Internet protocol 4 from the list and click on properties, check to see if obtain an IP address automatically obtain dns server address automatically are selected. Click OK.

If you are using another version of windows you can google how to do the same thing.

BT 17:34 19 Feb 2019

If you are using an ethernet cable you would normally need to turn off the WiFi on that machine and Vice versa

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?