Hot Topics

No Internet Access

RobCharles1981 18:11 06 Apr 2013

Hi all

Windows 7 is the operating system fired up pc this morning to check emails then shut her down.

When I came back on about half hour latter my Internet was down my ISP is Titan adsl typical they are closed on the weekend.

I get "no Internet access" in my system tray network is on and I've done the usual checks for connections and tried rebooting my router nothing.

It seams its a fault in the exchange but is there any other workaround it fix this issue ?

Thanks Rob

lotvic 17:17 07 Apr 2013

I think Jock1e meant your landline phone not your iPhone

(The posts were only 6 mins apart so must have cross-posted)

Rob, is there still no Internet Light on the Router?

Secret-Squirrel 22:25 07 Apr 2013

"If your phone works it must be a fault with the computer."

If you mean his iPhone then he's probably using a data connection via his phone's mobile network.

RobCharles1981 16:49 08 Apr 2013

Yep 3 solid green lights.

Been updated by Titan today that Bt have conducted a test ony line and there is a fault nearby and it's getting fixed tomorrow.

RobCharles1981 18:49 09 Apr 2013

Titan phoned me today and the Bt engineers went to the location they need to dig up the road to get to the problem there are others affected by this outage should be resolved by Thurs or Friday.

Secret-Squirrel 09:01 10 Apr 2013

Thanks for the updates Rob. Hope they get you sorted soon.

RobCharles1981 18:20 12 Apr 2013

I'm now back online and all is well had a hickup on the server but it soon bucked up - Thanks to Titans support on this I'm now cruising! :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Resident Evil 3 review

Online portfolios: how to get your work out there while staying in

Apple 'to drop support for Apple Watch Series 2'

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour voitures (2020)