No driver update for AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

Jake Cleary 10:32 26 Aug 2018

I have recently purchased the Acer Swift 3 laptop with AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics. I have just gone to play a game and it has told me that my driver is out of date; however when going to the AMD site to look for a driver update i cannot find one for the AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card (It is the only drop-down option available for display adaptors) I have gone into device manager and updated my driver through right clicking and selecting the option to search the internet for an update however this hasn't helped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what else to try.

Jake

Secret-Squirrel 10:57 26 Aug 2018

..............and it has told me that my driver is out of date

I would expect that a new computer would have fairly recent drivers installed. Are you sure you can trust that message?

.........however when going to the AMD site to look for a driver update................

Your first port of call should be the Acer support website. Hopefully you'll find a more recent driver there. Good luck.

rdave13 11:07 26 Aug 2018

Have had a look at the site here (hope the link works) and selected APU and shows this,

It leads confusingly to Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 File Size 318 MB Release Date 8/17/2018.

Don't know if this helps as I've always found AMD's APUs drivers site confusing.

rdave13 11:09 26 Aug 2018

I agree with Secret-Squirrel .

Jake Cleary 12:25 26 Aug 2018

It appears that it was the audio driver that was having issues but an update has fixed the error message. Thanks for the help

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)