NIS 2003 Parental control

Rhuddlan 22:17 29 Jun 2004

When my son's friends come around and surf the web, they always seem to disable the parental control option, I imagine to view certain websites that it would normally block, but is there a password option for this, to stop my son and his friends disabling parental control, I can't create any limited accounts any more, there is a corrupt file somewhere on my comp, so without reinstalling windows xp, I can only create a admin account, and I don't want to do that for him, there is a password option for other features such as personal firewall and privacy control, so there must be an option for this, regards, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 22:56 29 Jun 2004

Just looked in the options, but no option there for password feature, any ideas? regards, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 22:56 29 Jun 2004

Just looked in the options, but no option there for password feature, any ideas? regards, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 22:57 29 Jun 2004

wallbash 23:13 29 Jun 2004

You can't

As another concerned Parent, have tried to find ways of 'protecting' the offspring! but highly motivated youths will always win!

After talks on Sex , drugs and smoking, observing wots on the internet is 'Childs' play.

P.S will get other views posted here, but some times you got to let them get on with it.

From a Father of two

Rhuddlan 23:29 29 Jun 2004

Cheers Wallbash, shame there isn't, just have to keep a close eye on him, I always look at the history, he doesn't know how to delete that, ha ha. I should be grateful that he doesn't use the chat room, thanks for the help mate, regards, Rhuddlan.

marjted 00:02 30 Jun 2004

Just had a look at Internet Options and having set the levels you want in CONTENT >> Content Advisor, when you click O.K. to leave that page, the option for password protection then appears.
Or is that what your son and his friends can over-ride?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?