niggles

algernonymous 10:43 12 Jul 2004

Just a couple of niggles I put up with but have now decided to do something about- every time I boot up I get a small window come up titled 'res://ie4tour.dll/welcome.htm' and the content says 'Cannot find etc., etc.,' Obviously this is something to do with IE4 which I no longer use but how do I stop it?
Secondly, my taskbar recently went from one to two rows and I can't get it back to one. I can drag it down to nothing at the bottom of the screen. Is it because there are too many icons in the sys tray? If so, how do I remove them?
Thanking you all in anticipation...

Diodorus Siculus 10:48 12 Jul 2004

Removing icons in the system tray:

start

run

msconfig

under the startup tab, disable anything you don't want / need.

click here for details of the programs which run at startup.

algernonymous 22:36 15 Jul 2004

I looked into system tray cure, but there was nothing relating to my icons e.g.- winamp agent, task scheduler, mediakey(my keyboard), AVG, Zonealarm, ???

The res/ie4tour wasn't in control panel\internet options\advanced; wasn't too sure what I was looking for in registry.

algernonymous 20:19 16 Jul 2004

Sorry crx, I meant the solution to the res/ie4tour problem was not in control panel\internet options\advanced, i.e. the 'show welcome message each time i log on' option was not available.

algernonymous 12:47 08 Aug 2004

Still haven't resolved either of these...

algernonymous 13:47 08 Aug 2004

canard- I have ie6 + updates.

stalion- I suppose it could but the shut down problem only started in the last few days.( these 2 are from long ago)

Re the sys tray prob, I'd like to keep the programs, just remove some of the icon in the sys tray.

algernonymous 10:00 09 Aug 2004

Didn't work. Could d+d from taskbar, but not from sys tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T to be sold on contract in UK from O2, EE and Vodafone

Adobe takes the limits off Typekit, renames to Adobe Fonts

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?