New Windows Update

Rhuddlan 14:22 26 Jul 2004

The windows update icon appeared in my taskbar earlier today and was downloading updates and when they finished, I was asked to install this update, when I clicked on the icon the window appeared and looked very different, it asks me if I want to install the express or custom installation for the update, it doesn't tell me what the update is like it used to!!! I also noticed that the windows update page is now version 5, when I checked yesterday it was version 4!!! Should I install this update? Regards, Rhuddlan.

€dstowe 14:25 26 Jul 2004

No recent updates for my machines.

Have you asked for SP2 at any time? It may be something to do with that.

Mark-323050 14:29 26 Jul 2004

I got an uodate last night. It was linked with a javascript intrusion that would be possible after being invited to a website with malicious coding (I think)

picleo

Rhuddlan 14:38 26 Jul 2004

I haven't asked for the beta version service pack 2 though, so is it alright to download?

Rhuddlan 15:35 26 Jul 2004

Have installed the update and I notice many new changes, which are good, the security centre is saying that it is monitoring Norton Internet Secuity but doesn't know it's status, so i have asked the firewall to stop monitoring it and haven't disabled the windows firewall as I prefer my own on Norton, is there a known problem with norton and sp2? Should I be worried about this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?