Hot Topics

New Win 10 Desktop Build with SSD & HDD Help

Giggle n' Bits 09:18 25 Nov 2019
Answered

Hello Im building my new Desktop with Windows 10 Home. I have a Samsung SATA SSD & also a Samsung Barracuda Sata HDD. I do not know how to install Windows 10 when you have these 2 Drives. I am understanding that I install 10 on the SSD but do I also have my Sata Hard Drive also connected at the same time when installing 10 ? Also I understand that the Sata HDD is used for my Storage of Documents, Pics, Music & SSD is for Windows and programs Thanks

x13 16:58 06 Dec 2019

As *Fruit Bat /\0/* says. You can check that; if you open the Documents folder on the SSD and right click the test word doc - properties - general tab and look at the location. You have the E documents folder showing on the SSD hence if you delete a document there you're effectively deleting it from the E drive Documents folder.

Giggle n' Bits 22:36 11 Dec 2019

Thank You x13 which was the answer and also Fruit Bat /\0/\ for the confirmation. I managed after several goes at it. kept getting confused between Move & Location. But got there in the end So Thank You both ! I have however now got another problem I managed to create along the way. If you can help please see my new posting Favourites folder missing/deleted.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)