New Wifi Timer disconnected regularly at 5.00 p.m

Damarc 17:27 05 May 2018

I'm tearing my hair out. We have a new Timeguard in our church hall which is wifi connected. We had to have BT hotspot extenders to get the wifi down to the device. However what is happening is that at 5.00 p.m. every day it is disconnected from the network. We aren't always down at the hall to see what is going on but yesterday I went down, checked the router speed, it was non-extistent. The extenders had all their green lights showing. On my phone when connected to the router wifi it said that internet was not connected. The internet light on the router was flashing so quickly it looked more or less that it was on all the time.

I rebooted the router and everything started to work again, the timer device was connected the broadband speed was registering both at router end and at device end. However when I got back home it had failed again. Today it has been on all the time but dead on 5.00 p.m. it dropped again. Why would it be time based and which bit is likely to be the problem, the router, the BT hotspot or the timer?

wee eddie 19:23 05 May 2018

While this won't solve the problem it might give you an inkling.

Check your contact with the ISP and your Power Supplier.

bumpkin 19:38 05 May 2018

From what you have said it points to the timer. Try disconnecting it and see what happens.

Damarc 20:32 05 May 2018

Went down to hall again as device was showing disconnected on the app. Router speeds fine. WiFi link on hotspot not on but came on for a minute or so whilst I was watching it. Device temporarily visible on app until WiFi link on hotspot went off again. Router speed still being maintained. Am at home now & the device is still not connected although it may have gone on & off without me checking at that precise point. Friend has suggested connecting Cat5 cable between router and a WAP with the device connecting with the WAP. Do you think this will solve the problem when it seems to be time based?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs