A 'new' virus ? Anybody know of this please ?

Tenner 16:22 22 May 2003

I haven't seen any warnings of this, but I suspect it is a virus - can anybody confirm, please ? 2 emails arrived on my office pc this am ( I suspect the anti-virus is out of date ) entitled "[email protected]" and the content simply said "full details in the attachment" - this was immediately deleted.

Was I correct ?

Regards

leo49 16:29 22 May 2003

Yup

woodchip 16:30 22 May 2003

Yes Microsoft would not send you a personal E-Mail, unless you had contacted them for support. seen that one before

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:31 22 May 2003

Had it yesterday...AVG took care of it.

G

Tenner 16:42 22 May 2003

Thanks, each, for the prompt responses. Just knew I could count on you all !

My suspisions were roused by the simple instruction to open the attachment, and in the back of my mind I vaguely remembered a comment on a news prog yesterday ' and when we return, more about the latest virus on an email from [email protected]'

Again, thanks.

Regards

steven_frost 16:48 22 May 2003

its a worm virus been getting loads of it for the past few days i belive it to be a cat 3 virus as its all over the internet ([email protected] virus ) read here about it [email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here and they also have a removal tool click here

wawadave 16:53 22 May 2003

good free online trojin and av scans
free trojin scan
click here
panda scan
click here
housecall
click here
d/l mcafee,s stinger
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?