New Skype phone - sound issue

Minkey1 14:41 17 Mar 2006

Hi all

Just installed my Ipevo USB phone, added contacts, made calls, and am generally all round happy bunny.

HOWEVER, I can't figure out how to have my PC speakers & system sounds working normally when I'm not using the phone. I'd like them to, then mute if I use the phone, then revert back when I finish the call.

Does this make sense ? I've found references in the Skype & Ipevo software to adjusting sounds settings, but they're not expressed in a way that makes sense to me i.e. they tell you how to change settings, but not "why" you would do it.

Any help would be gratefully received !

Cheers

Mike

dms05 15:23 17 Mar 2006

If your VoIP phone is anything like mine it has a built sound card and you choose to use this rather than the sound card in your PC - that gives you better sound control for VoIP. However the only way I can get sound from my speakers is to unplug the VoIP phone from it's USB socket.

Ikelos 15:25 17 Mar 2006

have a read of my question here.

click here

Minkey1 15:47 17 Mar 2006

dms05/Ikelos

Thanks for your replies. Ikelos, knew I should have done a search first ! These settings were set out in Skype but not with which result - if you see what I mean.

Anyway, done it & now get sound in/out to each device. I'm not sure if there's a way to mute or transfer sound depending on whether the phone's in use or not, but these settings work and I can turn speaker vol down if I'm making a call, so very happy !

dms05, I made a call whilst playing music and all was fine, so this may be another option instead of unplugging the phone ?

Thanks again

Cheers Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)